Dover Honda Adds Standard Roadside Assistance to All 2015 Models
Beginning with the 2015 model year, all new Honda automobiles will be covered by a 24-hour nationwide roadside assistance program for the 3-year/36,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty term. The 2015 Fit and Pilot are the first vehicles in Honda’s lineup to benefit from this upgrade to Honda’s customer service program.
The program features a comprehensive list of roadside assistance services, including lockout service, fuel delivery and towing, plus reimbursement for trip interruption1 and assistance for alternate transportation2, hotel reservations2 and more. With the Honda Roadside Assistance service, if a driver experiences a problem while on the road, they can call the program’s toll-free telephone number (866-864-5211) 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada. So, should an owner suffer a lost key or their Honda run out of fuel, get a flat tire, require a jump start or need to be winched or towed, Honda Roadside Assistance will dispatch a service vehicle to perform one or more of these necessary services:
- Assist the owner in unlocking the vehicle 
- Deliver fuel 
- Change a flat tire with the Honda vehicle’s spare
- Assist with use of the Tire Repair Kit (TRK)
- Jump a battery
- Winch the vehicle
- Arrange to transport the vehicle to the nearest Honda dealership.
Additional program benefits include trip interruption reimbursement, alternate transportation2, hotel reservations2, airline information, message relay and directory assistance. Honda Roadside Assistance provides reimbursement consideration for up to $300 in expenses incurred during the first three days following a vehicle disablement that occurs 100 miles or more away from the Honda owner’s primary residence1. This is to cover such costs as food, lodging, alternate transportation, a rental vehicle and/or commercial transportation. Upon request, Honda Roadside Assistance will attempt to secure a rental vehicle or taxi for the Honda owner and will assist in locating emergency lodging when away from home. The service can also provide information such as airline flight times and fares plus enhanced directory assistance for the location of nearby service stations, ATMs, banks, etc., including telephone numbers, addresses and directions. Should an emergency arise, Honda Roadside Assistance will attempt to contact persons for whom telephone numbers are provided, such as the owner’s spouse or workplace, in order to relay important messages.
For More Information
Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com. To join the Honda community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/Honda. Useful information and services for Honda owners is available at owners.honda.com. For additional media information including Honda vehicle pricing, features and high-resolution photography, visit hondanews.com.
- The total Trip Interruption benefit is $300; $100 per day for three days maximum. Costs for reuniting the Honda owner with the vehicle are included in the total of $300 maximum benefit.
- Any third party costs (such as vehicle rental, taxi, lodging, flight fares, etc.) associated with the rendering of the Trip Continuation Services shall be borne by the driver requesting such service.ASSISTANCE
- Two gallons provided, not to exceed twice in a calendar year. Requires VIN at time of service request.
- The program covers owners up to $100 for emergency lockout services.