2023 Honda Civic Type R Preview
2023 marks 30 years for the Type R and 50 years for the Civic—and the automaker went above and beyond to celebrate this milestone. The new Honda Civic Type R is not only the speediest member of the Type R family but the most powerful Honda-branded vehicle ever offered in the U.S., full stop. If that sounds exciting to you, we couldn’t agree more!
Although official specs aren’t available at the time of writing, we’ve compiled what we know so far in the Civic Type R preview to follow. If you’re in the Stratham or Saco area and you’d like to start exploring your options in the run-up to the 2023 Civic Type R release date, all you need to do is let us know!
New Honda Civic Type R: More Power Than Ever
Built for the road as well as the racetrack, the new Honda Civic Type R will eat up the asphalt like no Type R that’s come before. The numbers can’t compare to the real thing of course—but they make one thing clear: you’ll love the way you feel behind the wheel of the latest Type R! Take a look:
- A revised 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 300+ horsepower and 300+ pound-feet of torque—more than the 2022 or the 2021 Type R.
- Enhanced flowing intake along with a redesigned turbocharger, intake, and exhaust system allows the turbo engine to generate pressure over a wider range.
- The new Honda Civic Type R features an active exhaust valve that opens up at higher rpm, emitting a louder roar that stands out on Salem streets.
- The engine is paired with an upgraded six-speed manual transmission and rev-matching system, forging a closer connection between car and driver.
- Ultra-responsive handling and sharp response without sacrificing stability at high speeds.
New Honda Civic Type R: Design & Features
Inside the cabin, you’ll find performance-focused details and features that put the driver’s needs and desires front and center. As for the exterior, the new Honda Civic Type R design has been freshly updated to reflect the demands of its more-powerful engine:
- A larger grille opening, a bigger radiator, and a larger-diameter fan for faster engine cooling.
- A wider stance and Integrated advanced aerodynamics for enhanced stability, reduced drag, and balanced downforce.
- Larger front fender grilles for better airflow efficiency.
Find Out When the New Honda Civic Type R Arrives at Dover Honda
Want to be the first to hear about the 2023 Civic Type R release date? If you enjoyed our Civic Type R preview, be sure to stay in touch with the dedicated team at Dover Honda—we share your enthusiasm for the new Type R, and we’re happy to let you know as soon as new models start rolling onto our showroom floor in Dover!
More from Dover Honda
2023 Honda Civic Type R Preview
2023 marks 30 years for the Type R and 50 years for the Civic—and the automaker went above and beyond to celebrate this milestone. The new Honda Civic Type R is not only the speediest member of the Type R family but the most powerful Honda-branded vehicle ever offered in the U.S., full stop….
2022 Honda Insight Gas Mileage
If you’re looking for a hybrid that can save you tons of money in annual fueling costs, then it’s time to take a closer look at the 2022 Honda Insight gas mileage. The Honda Insight gas mileage reaches up to 55 city mpg for jaw-dropping efficiency on the Stratham roads. Get to know why…
2023 Honda Odyssey Interior
The Honda Odyssey maintains its legacy as one of the best-selling minivans in Stratham, and beyond the incredible performance and utility, the cabin is one of the standout features. So, what can you expect inside the 2023 Honda Odyssey interior? This versatile model features tons of space, along with comforts and conveniences that bring…
0 comment(s) so far on 2023 Honda Civic Type R Preview