5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you frequently fill up your Honda in Portsmouth — or anywhere, really — you probably know that gas is expensive. But you don’t have to feel like you’re emptying your wallet every time you fill up your car. Reduce the cost of daily driving and become more eco-friendly with these five easy steps to increase your fuel efficiency!
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: While you should already avoid speeding, it’s important to know that quickly stomping the gas sends a burst of fuel into your vehicle’s system – a lot of which is wasted. When you control your acceleration and give your engine some TLC, you’ll also use less fuel. However, you don’t want to accelerate too slowly, because this could burn more fuel as well. Experiment to see what is best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: When you aren’t a distracted driver and plan out maneuvers ahead of time, you can easily avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: Run a lot of errands in the Rochester area? Plan ahead of time to decrease any backtracking/multiple stops that could eat up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Whenever possible, try coasting to a stop instead of hitting the brakes quickly at the last second. This will help avoid wear and tear on your braking system as well as save additional fuel.
- Obey the Speed Limit: This is always a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency below 50 mph as well.
- Consider a Hybrid: The Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and the Honda Accord Hybrid are fuel-efficient vehicles that will help you save even more when you drive on battery power.
Other Tips to Help You Save
In addition to tips related to driving, these other suggestions can contribute to savings and greater fuel economy:
- Use the AC: At highway speeds, use your air conditioner in order to reduce drag and potentially improve fuel economy.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Good tire pressure not only helps reduce vehicle wear and tear, but also helps improve your fuel economy.
- Limit Ethanol: High levels of ethanol gas harms fuel efficiency rates because more ethanol is required to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Make Your Dover Drive More Efficient
Utilize these simple driving tips to make your Rochester commute better for your vehicle and the environment! Whether you’re driving a new car or a used model, these suggestions can help reduce wear on your vehicle. Have questions? Feel free to contact Dover Honda for more info! Be sure to check out more tips on our site, like how to use the Honda Clarity Driver Information Interface, or get ready for fall with our favorite Halloween events near Dover!
More from Dover Honda
There’s so much for Dover to love about the 2020 Honda Pilot— from the roomy, versatile interior and interconnected cabin to its sleek exterior styling. Even more alluring, the 2020 Honda Pilot has logged outstanding safety ratings which the team here at Dover Honda has detailed below. So if you’re deciding between a Honda Pilot vs….
With the 2020 Honda CR-V, weekend warriors and Dover commuters alike have a safe, capable, and reliable SUV option for their driving needs. Browse the following guide to see how this midsize SUV scored in recent crash tests for the 2020 model and discover all that the Honda Sensing® suite has to offer: View InventoryContact…
With its sleek interior and dynamic performance, the 2020 Honda Civic is an alluring choice for Dover drivers. This classic compact sedan comes with its reliable reputation as well as a myriad of modern technologies and safety features. Explore our guide below to the 2020 Honda Civic safety ratings and see for yourself the impressive…