5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you frequently fill up your Honda in Stratham — or anywhere, really — you probably know that gas is expensive. But you don’t have to feel like you’re emptying your wallet every time you fill up your car. Reduce the cost of daily driving and become more eco-friendly with these five easy steps to increase your fuel efficiency!
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: While you should already avoid speeding, it’s important to know that quickly stomping the gas sends a burst of fuel into your vehicle’s system – a lot of which is wasted. When you control your acceleration and give your engine some TLC, you’ll also use less fuel. However, you don’t want to accelerate too slowly, because this could burn more fuel as well. Experiment to see what is best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: When you aren’t a distracted driver and plan out maneuvers ahead of time, you can easily avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: Run a lot of errands in the Saco area? Plan ahead of time to decrease any backtracking/multiple stops that could eat up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Whenever possible, try coasting to a stop instead of hitting the brakes quickly at the last second. This will help avoid wear and tear on your braking system as well as save additional fuel.
- Obey the Speed Limit: This is always a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency below 50 mph as well.
- Consider a Hybrid: The Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and the Honda Accord Hybrid are fuel-efficient vehicles that will help you save even more when you drive on battery power.
Other Tips to Help You Save
In addition to tips related to driving, these other suggestions can contribute to savings and greater fuel economy:
- Use the AC: At highway speeds, use your air conditioner in order to reduce drag and potentially improve fuel economy.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Good tire pressure and proper tire care not only helps reduce vehicle wear and tear, but also helps improve your fuel economy. Check your tire numbers to see what kind of tires are rated for your vehicle.
- Limit Ethanol: High levels of ethanol gas harms fuel efficiency rates because more ethanol is required to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Make Your Dover Drive More Efficient
Utilize these simple driving tips to make your Saco commute better for your vehicle and the environment! Whether you’re driving a new car or a used model, these suggestions can help reduce wear on your vehicle. Have questions? Feel free to contact Dover Honda for more info! Be sure to check out more tips on our site, like how to use the Honda Clarity Driver Information Interface, or get ready for fall with our favorite Halloween events near Dover!
More from Dover Honda
The 2022 Honda HR-V has quickly become one of the most popular vehicles in our inventory at Dover Honda. This is mostly due to the many interior specs and features that are included with the new Honda HR-V. The Honda HR-V interior has been designed to accommodate passengers and cargo for those long drives from…
At Dover Honda, we sell Honda vehicles to all sorts of drivers with different lifestyles. That’s why we offer many Honda Accord colors when you come down to buy a vehicle at Dover Honda. These Honda Accord colors don’t just make your vehicle look nicer but they reflect your personality when you’re driving down the roads…
While the 2022 Honda Civic has been starting to roll out in Dover, the safety ratings aren’t in yet. However, we expect the new ratings to be very similar to the 2021 Honda Civic safety ratings. Learn more about how the Honda Civic is rated along with the Civic safety features today with Dover Honda!…