Honda Sensing Suite: Features and Technology for Sale in Dover, NH
If you’re familiar with Honda, chances are you know safety is a hallmark. Honda Sensing is one of the brand’s most impressive safety achievements—next to its vehicles’ many accolades. This Honda safety bundle includes a variety of intelligent and proactive driver assists, designed to act as your second pair of eyes and ears. Look below to see what the suite entails, then visit Dover Honda in Dover for a new Civic, Ridgeline, or Accord with the latest technology!
Honda Sensing is found as standard equipment on the higher-tier trims of new Honda vehicles. For example, if you choose the CR-V, you’ll get Honda Sensing on the EX, EX-L, and Touring. This suite takes Honda safety to a new level with the following driver-assistive technologies:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): LDW uses a camera to recognize lane markings; if you begin to drift to another lane unintentionally, it’ll warn you with visual and audible alerts.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of over 45 mph, LKAS keeps your vehicle centered by applying steering torque to push it back to the middle of the lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If you begin to leave your lane or the road without a turning signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): In addition to adhering to your preset speed, ACC also lets you choose a distance interval, which it maintains by automatically braking and accelerating your vehicle.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): CMBS uses a millimeter-wave radar sensor to detect slowing or stopped vehicles straight ahead, and in some situations, can brake autonomously on your behalf.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Working in accordance with CMBS, FCW uses a forward-facing camera to detect straight-ahead vehicles. If you don’t react in time, CMBS triggers automatic braking.
Explore Honda Sensing in Person!
Want to learn more about Honda Sensing compares to competition like the Mazda i-Activesense™ or Toyota Safety Sense? Then contact us at Dover Honda to learn more about Honda Sensing and how it can improve your confidence on the road, or experience for yourself inside a Honda Pilot on a test drive. Our team proudly serves drivers from in and around Dover! You can also learn why the Honda Sensing-equipped 2018 CR-V and 2018 Odyssey were named “Best Cars for Families” by U.S. News, and don’t forget to check out the Cochecho Arts Festival in downtown Dover this summer to enjoy free live music and more!
New Honda Vehicles
More from Dover Honda
Honda has revolutionized the compact SUV class with its 2020 CR-V. This stylish and rugged vehicle is perfect for the streets of Portsmouth because it is both attractive on the road and capable of performing where it counts. From the inside out, the new Honda CR-V has what you need for life in Somersworth and…
The 2020 Honda CR-V is a great compact SUV for the money, boasting a wealth of features sure to make driving on the streets of Portsmouth a ton of fun. However, there are several different 2020 Honda CR-V configurations that you should know about to make for a smarter car buying decision. There are four…
If you’re like a lot of our Portsmouth customers, you’re ready for a new car before you’ve paid off your old one. A lot of those same customers come in wondering if trading in a financed car is even possible. We’re here to tell you that it is, and the friendly finance department at Dover Honda…