What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Portsmouth commute at the Dover Honda Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Rochester, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s an illuminated dash light, battery trouble, unusual noise, worn spark plugs, or a locked steering wheel, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Dover Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Dover. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More from Dover Honda
If you’re in the market for a reliable sedan in the Portsmouth and Rochester area, you not only want a durable model that can keep you going, but also one that has safety in mind. Thanks to the outstanding 2019 Honda Accord safety ratings, this popular Honda sedan has earned high marks for its handling…
Bold and thoughtful, the alluring exterior of the Honda Accord is easy to understand when you witness it drive down Portsmouth streets, but what are the benefits of the 2019 Honda Accord interior features? The cutting-edge technology and ergonomic comfort of the Accord can be experienced in a test drive—feel free to schedule one—or can…
The Honda CR-V was built to survive everything Portsmouth streets throw its way, from errands to little league games and even road trips. However, the only way your CR-V will live its longest, happiest life is if you abide by the 2019 Honda CR-V Maintenance Schedule. Find out more about the maintenance plan for your…