What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Portsmouth commute at the Dover Honda Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Rochester, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance or an illuminated dash light, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Dover Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Dover. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More from Dover Honda
Drivers looking for a reliable and rugged midsize SUV in Portsmouth now have a brand-new option with the all-new Honda Passport! The 2019 Honda Passport is intended to be an “adventure-ready” vehicle nestled between the Honda CR-V and Honda Pilot in the SUV lineup. This 5-passenger SUV will offer four trim levels: Sport, EX-L, Touring,…
Are you looking for a family-friendly activity in Portsmouth? Take a Rochester day trip and visit the Rochester Historical Society Museum. When you visit, you’ll have the chance to check out a few of their programs and services while learning about their research and collections. Here is a rundown of the available programs and collections…
What Is Lane Departure Warning? Lane Departure Warning is a Honda safety feature designed to help drivers avoid potential collisions due to drifting out of their lane. As part of the Honda Sensing™ safety suite, Lane Departure Warning comes standard on most new Honda models and is available on the rest. Check out this feature and how…