What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Portsmouth commute at the Dover Honda Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive around Rochester, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline in Somersworth.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s an illuminated dash light, battery trouble, unusual noise, worn spark plugs, or a locked steering wheel, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Dover Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Dover. With our service specials, you can save on maintenance needs.
More from Dover Honda
There’s so much for Dover to love about the 2020 Honda Pilot— from the roomy, versatile interior and interconnected cabin to its sleek exterior styling. Even more alluring, the 2020 Honda Pilot has logged outstanding safety ratings which the team here at Dover Honda has detailed below. So if you’re deciding between a Honda Pilot vs….
With the 2020 Honda CR-V, weekend warriors and Dover commuters alike have a safe, capable, and reliable SUV option for their driving needs. Browse the following guide to see how this midsize SUV scored in recent crash tests for the 2020 model and discover all that the Honda Sensing® suite has to offer: View InventoryContact…
With its sleek interior and dynamic performance, the 2020 Honda Civic is an alluring choice for Dover drivers. This classic compact sedan comes with its reliable reputation as well as a myriad of modern technologies and safety features. Explore our guide below to the 2020 Honda Civic safety ratings and see for yourself the impressive…